Friday, April 19, 2013

Many Hats



When I was a child, one of my favorite books was: "Caps for Sale: A Tale of a Peddler, Some Monkeys, and Some Monkey Business".


  This book by Siberian author Esphyr Slobodkina was published in 1940 and has entertained generations of preschoolers.  The peddler walks around a small town with a stack of hats on the top of his head that reached so high...  I won't ruin the story for you, but as a little girl... I wanted to be that peddler with those caps piled high.....


Fast forward 30 years....that little girl has become a mom, a business woman, a cook, a runner.  Each moment of my day, I reach up and place a new hat on my head.... I am finding that I AM that peddler!
There are so many things to do and places to be each day, that I feel that stack of caps, sway and pitch.  But somehow, with the magic of mommy hood, the hats stay on my head!

L to R: Benjamin, Rus, Sarah, & Alexander

Join me here at Mommy in Pieces as I see just how many hats I can wear at one time!  I will become the champion of the 10 minute healthy dinner, the conquerer of clutter, the enviable entrepreneur, the family budgetress, and Florence Nightingale to all the boo-boos.

No comments:

Post a Comment